Protect land west of Teynham
We are currently adding content. But feel free to have a look around!
What’s the fuss about?
A huge development is proposed to be built on the rural farmland west of Teynham.
This is part of a larger development called ‘Highsted Park’.
- The rural character will be lost.
- 9,250 homes are proposed for Highsted Park
- Teynham and Bapchild will merge and become a suburb of Sittingbourne
- Grade 1 & 2 farmland (the highest quality) will be lost.
- Huge impact on village life.
- Significant impact of wildlife.
What can I do?
Read our concerns.
Information to help you make your comments to the Swale Planning Team. We are adding addition information every day.
View our visuals
A selection of pictures and graphics to explain the impact of the proposed development.
Share your photos of the impacted area.
Most importantly, reply to the planning application and let Swale Borough Council know your views. Details on how to reply can be found here.
Want to do more?
There are opportunities to help out.
How can I reply?
Your views count! Replies need to be sent directly to Swale Borough Council.
- A step-by-step guide is available to help you submit your comments.
- The deadline is 5pm, 16 September 2021.